Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Collecting For Zambia - A Way To Give


A list of basic necessities for a missionary family heading to the field brings excitement and joy to a fellow couponer and myself during Sunday service. This is what couponing all comes down to for me. I remember similar situations in the past where I wished I could give more while bought a couple items. Now my first thought was: "I wonder how much toothpaste they can actually carry over with them?" I'm know I'm not the only one who was questioning this! Can I challenge all of you to join me in blessing this family BEYOND their expectations!

We have till June 28 to overflow their cup. During that time I will be posting specific posts entitled "Collecting For Zambia" that will alert you to deals that are specific to the needs listed on the insert. Leave a bag in your trunk or by the garage door that you can fill and refill with items to bring to the donation box at church (we know how easily good intentions can be foiled by an urgent hunt for missing shoes on a Sunday morning).

Let's start with a bang! Walgreens put out a $5 off $25 purchase coupon for Wed and Thurs. Common Sense With Money has a great scenario to get nearly $60 worth of items FREE in her post here! Many of these items are on the list: toothpaste, shaving cream, insect repellent. There is even a Benefiber drink mix that I wonder if they could use?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that list on Sunday and my mind immediately went to couponing and how I now have a great use for all this stuff I have accumlated over the last several weeks...I am really excited!

Sharon said...

Oh, you girls make my heart happy -- how you both think of how you could help others this way! They will be so blessed. You're "paying it forward", so to speak!