Monday, April 13, 2009

More Than Just Saving

Ministry opportunities are the most unexpected blessing I have found with couponing. I hope that doesn't sound trite. The gospel is so much bigger than my little world and affective, wholly complete in its self. These gifts of giving that are provided while couponing are a special whisper God placed in my heart when I first learned about couponing reminding me that even through difficult times my He can cause my cup to overflow; I have more than my measure to share with others. I hope those of you reading this know my heart in writing this, because I'm afraid my words fail me far too often. How can such a huge, magnificent God be so personal to me to teach me trust and faith even through couponing? When the pantry is bursting with deals upon deals I know He has provided and when they look thin I know I can trust Him to provide again for me. Not through couponing, sales, deals but if the coupons, money and stores were gone He would provide for me. He already has, as we remembered yesterday. I run into people time and time again, couponing as our only connecting point, and I know deep down that it's no coincidence. And I know couponing is only the beginning, the starting point, the easy part, the safe part. There's a bigger blessing there to be found and it's there that my faith falters.

This is not where I was going with this post. Not at all. But this is far more real and true to me to post than any any free deal out there today. What a humorous, loving, unique, personal God we have that can cause my heart to praise Him through silly things like couponing.

1 comment:

James said...

I love seeing your heart in this. It's great to hear you reflect on God's goodness and provision through deals, register rewards, coupons, and the abundance of groceries and see the parallel to everything he has provided for us spiritually through the gospel. Keep going, keep saving, and keep reflecting (both upon His provision and goodness as well as being a reflection of His grace).