Friday, March 20, 2009

Just One Way

Donating, sharing, passing along, teaching... couponing has become just one way for me to do each of these things. It was almost a year ago when I stumbled upon couponing and I don't even remember how exactly I stumbled upon it. I do remember that my first impressions of it we're not only a way to save money for our family but also a way to share with others. Growing up in a family that taught me the importance of helping others, it's always been something that I have found joy in doing. So when a career change, two kids, tough economy and a tight budget made me feel extremely limited on how I could help, frustration set in. Finding couponing opened a whole new world for me to do this.

Encouraging others to look for ways to do the same is part of my goal when teaching about couponing. A mother with teenagers may not need the free baby wipes or bubble bath that were on sale, but could she think of a young mom who would be blessed by it instead? Your family may never be able to use all the free toothpaste and soap you collect, but the men's shelter or a charity for kids around the world may be looking for just that. You may know a single mom trying to make ends meet that you can introduce to coupons and encourage.

The excitement of watching your grocery bill shrink is sure to be there, but the joy found in sharing this with others is something I hope you experience as well.

2 comments:

Karen P said...

Yeah, Julie!!! I will love checking in on your blog. I am so glad you are doing this. I hope you don't limit yourself too much...you have MUCH wisdom to share. I think you are awesome!
Karen

Julie said...

Karen-
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. This is a big jump for me! I'm hoping I can share the great things I'm learning with others and be an encouragement to them.