Sunday, March 22, 2009

Not All Coupon Inserts Are Created Equal!

Ever have that nagging feeling that you're not getting all the same great coupons as everyone else? I always assumed that it must be my own operator error. I threw it away, used it, misfiled it...any number of reasons. Till a sweet young friend of mine tipped me off that the Kansas City Star newspaper coupon inserts carry better coupons than the Wichita Eagle! She had been picking up her KC newspaper for weeks at a local gas station. Between the delivery problems I have been having with the Eagle and the increased prices I was easily convinced this was worth looking into. My husband kindly picked up a KC Star for me this Sunday, and since I forgot to call this week and cancel my subscription to the Eagle, I now had the two papers to compare myself.

The Results
I matched up the coupons that both inserts equally contained. However,

KC Star also contained coupons for:
Blue Diamond Almonds
Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer
L'Oreal Paris hair color
L'Oreal Paris Ever Pure shampoo or conditioner
L'Oreal Paris Skincare product
Softsoap Ensembles Liquid hand soap (new product)
Stride gum

Wichita Eagle also contained coupons for:
Glass Plus
Playtex Personal Cleansing Cloths
Nature's Own bread products
Physician's Formula cosmetic product
and that great Dillon's insert filled with coupons!!

Final Verdict
As of this issue I would continue to purchase the Eagle over the Star. Missing the Dillon's insert alone would have been a big disappointment. However, this week's paper only included the Smart Source coupon insert. I'm interested to see the difference between other coupon circulars. So for the time being I'll continue to have the Eagle delivered and pick up the Star and keep you posted.

No comments: